Job Interview

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
a96

Job Interview

Post by a96 » 13 Apr 2018, 12:40

Hey all! I have a job interview coming up soon which is very important. Does anyone have some killer tips to ace a job interview? I've been stressing about it quite a bit, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

~svenhair

Re: Job Interview

Post by ~svenhair » 13 Apr 2018, 16:12

Some more detailed background would help, but the most important tip is, if you want the position, send a hand written thank you note after you get home expressing thanks and a sincere interest in working there. Only one in ten will do that and HR people will remember you better and be favorably impressed with your extra effort.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 14 Apr 2018, 11:43

I always felt that the don'ts are more important than the do's. Don't dress like a slob, don't smell like cigarettes or booze, don't avoid eye contact, ect.,

JimB

Post by JimB » 15 Apr 2018, 19:59

Go on the WEB and search for the company. Then, read as much as you can about the workings of the company.

But, do not over do it when you talk about what you fond. Just say enough that your interviewer will see you took time to find out the company and what they do.
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

shamrocklock

Post by shamrocklock » 02 May 2018, 07:59

Research the company and mention specifics about it in your answers

Find the companies values (usually listed in the job spec or on their website) and make your answers fit them

Be early, be clean (both clothes and physically), don’t smell of fags booze or BO, shake their hand and make eye contact, be enthusiastic, ask questions (doesn’t matter what, it’s more about showing that you’re actually interested), be polite, thank them at the end and ask when you can expect to hear about the results