It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
artibus

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 12 Sep 2016, 00:16

kensrs,'
Requesting permission to come aboard sir, as a surrogate Vikings fan.
Reasons for request:
1) You are a good guy
2) The Vikes won today without any offense, and that will change soon. Bradford can play.
3) As a Falcon fan, I owe you one. You guys were the best team in the league in '98 and I know that ;).
4) The Falcons will most likely go 4-12 this year.

zippo

Post by zippo » 12 Sep 2016, 13:10

artibus wrote:
zippo wrote:Are you a Browns fan Artibus? Come on board misery like company LOL. At least you have Labron! I was so happy for Cleveland to see the Cavs win it all.

A bunch of teams have taken some shots this preseason like Dallas, MN and B-Lo. Ours happened after the coach declared we 'won the offseason'. Rex needs to learn of Buffalo's luck LOL. Oh well.

Best of luck. I like the Steelers from the AFC and Seattle again from the NFC.
Nah, I'm A Falcons fan. In fifty years, we have one Super Bowl appearance, when we got hammered by Elway and the Broncos.

I'll trade you Dan Quinn for Rex Ryan. :mrgreen:

On a positive note...I saw Jim Kelly on TV last night watching the Ole Miss-FSU game and he looked healthy. Glad to see that!
Thanks buddy, Jim Kelly is much beloved and a real role model for what it means to be a man IMO.

Funny thing is he didn't want to come to Buffalo, went to the USFL instead LOL. Ended up in Buffalo after the USFL folded, helped turn us around, fell in love with Buffalo and our region, endured four straight Super Bowl losses. Then lost his son Hunter to Krabbe Disease, raised a beautiful daughter and has a loving wife he adores, made the football hall of fame, and then beat cancer twice. That's a pretty full and challenging life.

The amazing thing is he has done it with integrity and a smile on his face. Truly inspiring.

PS after Buffalo's game yesterday you sure you want to trade?!? I think the Bills set offense back to 1960 yesterday... :(

zippo

Post by zippo » 12 Sep 2016, 13:14

artibus wrote:kensrs,'
Reasons for request:
1) You are a good guy
2) The Vikes won today without any offense, and that will change soon. Bradford can play.
3) As a Falcon fan, I owe you one. You guys were the best team in the league in '98 and I know that ;).
#whatwouldjackdelriodo

Honestly looking at the Raiders (cajones to go for two and the win!), and Jags as adopted teams when Buffalo inevitably goes 6-10 this year. This offseason was a disaster for the Bills...

Always had a soft spot for the Vikings, kind of like the Bills in the NFC. I hope they do make it, I would pull for them in a Super Bowl.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 12 Sep 2016, 23:16

New England over Arizona (barely). What a great game. The Pats have so much heart. 8 point underdogs some places.
No Brady, no Gronk, no Ninkovich plus a host of others out for one reason or another. They always find a way to win. Gave Arizona all they could handle right till the end. Larry Fitzgerald almost joined the Pats. Just imagine.

artibus

Post by artibus » 13 Sep 2016, 00:15

chas45 wrote:New England over Arizona (barely). What a great game. The Pats have so much heart. 8 point underdogs some places.
No Brady, no Gronk, no Ninkovich plus a host of others out for one reason or another. They always find a way to win. Gave Arizona all they could handle right till the end. Larry Fitzgerald almost joined the Pats. Just imagine.
Yeah Charlie, the Pats seem to get it done time and again, even when they are big time underdogs.
It amazes me the amount of talent that has passed through that organization without them missing a beat!
They have the ability to let guys go who still have a little tread on the tires...like Branch, Law, Malloy, Harrison, Samuel, Moss, to name just a few, and still keep on keepin on. Heck, even when Brady tore up his knee, they still ended up going 11-5 (I think) with Matt Cassel at QB!
Belichick and Saban are the only two I know of who are on that level in their respective coaching careers. Belichick doesn't have the luxury of being able to add the very best recruiting class year after year, and the NFL is by design set up to limit teams from going on sustained runs, i.e. the draft, salary cap, scheduling, etc. It makes me appreciate the teams who consistently are damn good, year in and year out....like your Pats.

Well, the Falcons get back last years first rounder Vic Beasley next week after his one game suspension......actually he played thirty nine snaps yesterday, its just that his stat line after the game read 0 0 0 0 0 0....as if he was a ghost.
And last years second rounder didnt even dress....not due to injury, but because he was arrested for a number of domestic violence charges (including cruelty to children). I t seems he manhandled a woman...thats the ONLY person that he's tackled the last two years!
We suck, from the front office down to the head coach, and now I'm seriously worried about the mindset of what used to be one of the strongest attributes...team owner Arthur Blank. He seems detached from the goings on on the field and more concerned with his new stadium.
I've already told kensrs I'm a Vikings fan this year :lol: . I've predicted Sam Bradford to be the Jim Plunkett/Earl Morrall/Matt Cassel of 2016 and lead the Vikes to the NFC Title.

artibus

Post by artibus » 19 Sep 2016, 23:25

kensrs wrote:Vikings fan, our season ended before it even started :(

Guess I can focus on fantasy football and college now
You guys ain't exactly dead yet LOL....Nice win yesterday over Green Bay.
Bradford had an ugly injury to his non throwing hand, but returned on the next series and went on to complete 22 of 31 passes for 286 yards with two touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Vikings’ 17-14 win.
I still say if he can stay healthy, you guys have your QB you were looking for. :)

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 20 Sep 2016, 06:15

zippo wrote:I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, like I said upstate NY. It's been 16 years since a playoff run. 16 freaking years, longest in the NFL. There are people 21 yrs old in WNY who do not remember a playoff team, much less a SB team.:( The last real dagger was 'The Music City Miracle'. Before that it was SB losses 4 years straight and yes I am old enough to remember Scott Norwood's FG miss live in person. I have it on tape.... long before any haircut fetish. Hell at that time I hated short haired girls!

Boo Hoo MN fans, I think we just may have you beat, though this year's deal is very tough with Teddy B. My team lost our 1st, and 2nd round picks, our 2nd best RB (K. Williams, 9 TD as a rookie) cut, and $100M DT to drug rehab for 4 games. We also cut a solid DE/OLB (Manny Lawson) before the season due to possible domestic violations.

spare me the pity. My team has been a F%%$ up for 16 years plus and it looks bad again after this pre-season.

In comparison you look fine, and you don't have pervy catfishers loking for your info.... :(

please be god Tyrod Taylor....
MN and Buffalo have it bad, so does CLE. Least MN looks good this year though. Thing is being a MN fan you just know they will find a way to fuck it up. Just like they did in 96 and the year we had Favre. If it's possible to fuck it up, we will figure it out.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 20 Sep 2016, 11:34

The new stadium is the balls !

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 20 Sep 2016, 20:30

JimB wrote:USC over Alabama .....
I wish, hate the SEC love and huge fan of SC
Problem is SC is still facing issues from bush scandal.
They can recruit the max again but we have juniors and seniors who are not on scholarships so it'll take 2 more years to get to full strength

artibus

Post by artibus » 21 Sep 2016, 04:07

kensrs wrote:
JimB wrote:USC over Alabama .....
I wish, hate the SEC love and huge fan of SC
Problem is SC is still facing issues from bush scandal.
They can recruit the max again but we have juniors and seniors who are not on scholarships so it'll take 2 more years to get to full strength
Keep it up and I will withdraw my request to be a surrogate Vikings fan this year. :lol:
Sark's personal problems didn't help SC either. They will be back soon enough I'm sure...too much talent in CA to not be.
I'm a Georgia fan...hence the SEC love here. That being said, there is only one SEC team that deserves all the love at the moment...BAMA.

As far as the Vikes go...
One of the top defenses in the NFC and Bradford can play, if he stays healthy.

zippo

Post by zippo » 21 Sep 2016, 05:43

kensrs wrote: MN and Buffalo have it bad, so does CLE. Least MN looks good this year though. Thing is being a MN fan you just know they will find a way to fuck it up. Just like they did in 96 and the year we had Favre. If it's possible to fuck it up, we will figure it out.
The year of the Anderson kick was gutting for you guys. I felt your pain all the way over here.

Nothing like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 21 Sep 2016, 09:23

artibus wrote:kensrs,'
Reasons for request:
1) You are a good guy
Just saw this, plenty of room on the bandwagon.
This year they started a new viking chant.
I was wondering what this was on the game as I didn't see it before but as a new Vikings fan I figured you should know about our new tradition.

This is the video introducing it to the fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLuNgedqPc

This is where they got it from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav2kkvakGY

Apparently by end of the game the fans seem to be enjoying it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jADpHNbEmwA

artibus

Post by artibus » 21 Sep 2016, 16:14

zippo wrote:
kensrs wrote: MN and Buffalo have it bad, so does CLE. Least MN looks good this year though. Thing is being a MN fan you just know they will find a way to fuck it up. Just like they did in 96 and the year we had Favre. If it's possible to fuck it up, we will figure it out.
The year of the Anderson kick was gutting for you guys. I felt your pain all the way over here.

There were two of them you know...first Gary Anderson's miss.Only one he missed the entire season.
Of course WE were thrilled about it here in Atlanta, and even moreso when Morton Anderson hit his to win it for us a few minutes later.
That MN team went 15-1 and was (in my opinion) the best that year.

Those Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith (and others) Bills teams were great too...you might not have won the Super Bowl, but what a damn good run they had.
Something to be proud of.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 21 Sep 2016, 17:59

artibus wrote:
zippo wrote:

There were two of them you know...first Gary Anderson's miss.Only one he missed the entire season.
Of course WE were thrilled about it here in Atlanta, and even moreso when Morton Anderson hit his to win it for us a few minutes later.
That MN team went 15-1 and was (in my opinion) the best that year.

Those Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith (and others) Bills teams were great too...you might not have won the Super Bowl, but what a damn good run they had.
Something to be proud of.
Yea, it sucks that people don't care that much that your team was in the Superbowl. They only care who won. Buffalo had a great run.

zippo

Post by zippo » 21 Sep 2016, 21:43

chas45 wrote:Yea, it sucks that people don't care that much that your team was in the Superbowl. They only care who won. Buffalo had a great run.
What is nice is hearing national sports talk shows and general fans of NFL football now voicing their appreciation, or at least admission of how good some of those teams were. Funny how a joke 15 years ago is now acknowledged as gritty and determined show of resilience. I appreciate the nice words. I think 4 Falls in Buffalo helped bring them back to being acknowledged and had most of us up here in proud tears.

Speaking of, poor Vikings. Kalil too? Holy cow. I thought our 'winning offseason' was bad when Dareus got 4 games, Karlos Williams got four games and showed up following the Eddie Lacy diet and was cut, Manny Lawson faced domestic abuse suspension and was cut, and our first and second round picks are at best an all season loss (Ragland - ACL) and Shaq Lawson - Shoulder surgery.

But those Vikings just can't catch a break. Teddy, AP/AD and now Kalil. That is brutal.

artibus

Post by artibus » 21 Sep 2016, 22:11

The Vikings might be this years 2010 Packers. That team had 15 players on the IR but still won the
Super Bowl.

fastmandan88

Post by fastmandan88 » 23 Sep 2016, 02:22

artibus wrote:The Vikings might be this years 2010 Packers. That team had 15 players on the IR but still won the
Super Bowl.
It looks like Sam Bradford just needed an actual team/coaching staff that could use his talents. The Rams and Chip Kelly in Philly did not know how to use him. I think he can do a great job during this season for Minnesota.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 23 Sep 2016, 11:57

Pats 27-0 over the Texans.
JJ who....lol
72 mil for Osweiler??? I don't watch him play much but he looked like a deer in the headlights all night.
Shuffling off to Buffalo :-)

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 23 Sep 2016, 23:11

chas45 wrote:Pats 27-0 over the Texans.
JJ who....lol
72 mil for Osweiler??? I don't watch him play much but he looked like a deer in the headlights all night.
Shuffling off to Buffalo :-)
lol

chas45

Post by chas45 » 24 Sep 2016, 12:29

artibus wrote:
kensrs wrote:Vikings fan, our season ended before it even started :(

Guess I can focus on fantasy football and college now
You guys ain't exactly dead yet LOL....Nice win yesterday over Green Bay.
Bradford had an ugly injury to his non throwing hand, but returned on the next series and went on to complete 22 of 31 passes for 286 yards with two touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Vikings’ 17-14 win.
I still say if he can stay healthy, you guys have your QB you were looking for. :)
With Peterson out now if Turner is smart he will get away from those tight formations and let Bradford start throwing to some receivers on the outside I think he will really shine. I always liked Brdford. I just think the Vikes focus to much on Peterson. He is good but he ain't what he used to be.