It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
artibus

It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by artibus » 31 Aug 2016, 03:42

Can I get an amen, my brothahs???
I'm in The South, where there are two seasons:
1) Football Season
2) Gettin ready for Football Season

Break out the cold beer and get the grills fired the hell up.....glory hallelujah, its here!!!
:D :D :D

fastmandan88

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by fastmandan88 » 31 Aug 2016, 04:01

everyday since early feb is pure torture!!! baseball, hockey, basketball, and the olympics just can't make up for no college f-ball or NFL...

artibus

Post by artibus » 31 Aug 2016, 04:08

even NASCAR isnt what it used to be. For me....when Dale died, NASCAR died too. Sad , but true.
I'm so ready for football!!!

conrad

Post by conrad » 31 Aug 2016, 21:01

My LSU Tigers head to Packerville to tear up some Badger butt!

Funny YouTube video we used to show my daughter when she was 3...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I

artibus

Post by artibus » 31 Aug 2016, 22:53

conrad wrote:My LSU Tigers head to Packerville to tear up some Badger butt!

Funny YouTube video we used to show my daughter when she was 3...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I
SEC Baby!!! go get 'em. Hope Harris can get the job done for LSU this year.
Glad we're not at the old Ltah....jason and I used to go back and forth with football pm's :lol: he's a Wisconsin and Green Bay guy big time.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 01 Sep 2016, 07:27

Vikings fan, our season ended before it even started :(

Guess I can focus on fantasy football and college now

xmy556ca

Post by xmy556ca » 01 Sep 2016, 21:40

and doing amazing haircut videos - thanks kensrs

artibus

Post by artibus » 01 Sep 2016, 22:32

kensrs wrote:Vikings fan, our season ended before it even started :(

I hated that happened to Teddy Bridgewater. We Georgia fans know all about devastating knee injuries sadly.
I hope he has a full and fast recovery.

The Vikes are loaded ...hopefully you can find your version of Matt Castle from a few years ago when Tom Brady went down early for the Pats. I think they went 11-5 with him coming off the bench.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 02 Sep 2016, 09:01

xmy556ca wrote:and doing amazing haircut videos - thanks kensrs
True I can focus on that.
Think we are booking 60 girls for a shoot starting next week
Should be a fun 4 days.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 02 Sep 2016, 09:05

artibus wrote:

I hated that happened to Teddy Bridgewater. We Georgia fans know all about devastating knee injuries sadly.

The Vikes are loaded ...hopefully you can find your version of Matt Castle from a few years ago when Tom Brady went down early for the Pats. I think they went 11-5 with him coming off the bench.
Ya it sucks... AP has maybe 1-2 elite years left and this year and next are our best chance to win the super bowl. Lots of young talent on the team but eventually that young talent will want to get paid so our window is closing. This is the worst possible time for this to happen. I have no faith in Hill as our starter, other options out there don't sound great either. Best bet was Glennon from TB but our front office wont give up a high draft pick for a QB which I think is a huge mistake. Maybe they are waiting to see who is cut this week before making a trade. Maybe they take Colin K (not spelling that) from SF but doubtful with his baggage. Maybe go with Sanchez as I think he will be cut from Denver. IDK who else they can get if they aren't willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Guess we will find out this week, just hope it's someone who can make the occasional throw while handing the ball off the majority of the time.

Jackie Treehorn

Post by Jackie Treehorn » 03 Sep 2016, 02:32

artibus wrote:Can I get an amen, my brothahs???
I'm in The South, where there are two seasons:
1) Football Season
2) Gettin ready for Football Season

Break out the cold beer and get the grills fired the hell up.....glory hallelujah, its here!!!
:D :D :D

amen bro

artibus

Post by artibus » 03 Sep 2016, 16:08

kensrs wrote:
artibus wrote:

Ya it sucks... AP has maybe 1-2 elite years left and this year and next are our best chance to win the super bowl. Lots of young talent on the team but eventually that young talent will want to get paid so our window is closing. This is the worst possible time for this to happen. I have no faith in Hill as our starter, other options out there don't sound great either. Best bet was Glennon from TB but our front office wont give up a high draft pick for a QB which I think is a huge mistake. Maybe they are waiting to see who is cut this week before making a trade. Maybe they take Colin K (not spelling that) from SF but doubtful with his baggage. Maybe go with Sanchez as I think he will be cut from Denver. IDK who else they can get if they aren't willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Guess we will find out this week, just hope it's someone who can make the occasional throw while handing the ball off the majority of the time.
Well you just got Sam Bradford. I'm gonna sound crazy (not the first time) and say there's your QB to take you to the playoffs...if he can stay healthy. That's a big if, given his history, but he can play. Good luck. If anyone deserves a great year it's you.

JimB

Post by JimB » 03 Sep 2016, 18:42

USC over Alabama .....
A woman looks great with short hair or a shaved head .....

Nig

Post by Nig » 03 Sep 2016, 18:50

Go Bears !! I'm ready for you to disappoint us all again.... :| lol

fastmandan88

Post by fastmandan88 » 03 Sep 2016, 19:55

kensrs wrote:True I can focus on that.
Think we are booking 60 girls for a shoot starting next week
Should be a fun 4 days.
Nice!!! Will you have any long to bald shaves?

zippo

Post by zippo » 04 Sep 2016, 05:02

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, like I said upstate NY. It's been 16 years since a playoff run. 16 freaking years, longest in the NFL. There are people 21 yrs old in WNY who do not remember a playoff team, much less a SB team.:( The last real dagger was 'The Music City Miracle'. Before that it was SB losses 4 years straight and yes I am old enough to remember Scott Norwood's FG miss live in person. I have it on tape.... long before any haircut fetish. Hell at that time I hated short haired girls!

Boo Hoo MN fans, I think we just may have you beat, though this year's deal is very tough with Teddy B. My team lost our 1st, and 2nd round picks, our 2nd best RB (K. Williams, 9 TD as a rookie) cut, and $100M DT to drug rehab for 4 games. We also cut a solid DE/OLB (Manny Lawson) before the season due to possible domestic violations.

spare me the pity. My team has been a F%%$ up for 16 years plus and it looks bad again after this pre-season.

In comparison you look fine, and you don't have pervy catfishers loking for your info.... :(

please be god Tyrod Taylor....

Nig

Post by Nig » 04 Sep 2016, 12:10

zippo wrote:I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, like I said upstate NY. It's been 16 years since a playoff run. 16 freaking years, longest in the NFL. There are people 21 yrs old in WNY who do not remember a playoff team, much less a SB team.:( The last real dagger was 'The Music City Miracle'. Before that it was SB losses 4 years straight and yes I am old enough to remember Scott Norwood's FG miss live in person. I have it on tape.... long before any haircut fetish. Hell at that time I hated short haired girls!

Boo Hoo MN fans, I think we just may have you beat, though this year's deal is very tough with Teddy B. My team lost our 1st, and 2nd round picks, our 2nd best RB (K. Williams, 9 TD as a rookie) cut, and $100M DT to drug rehab for 4 games. We also cut a solid DE/OLB (Manny Lawson) before the season due to possible domestic violations.

spare me the pity. My team has been a F%%$ up for 16 years plus and it looks bad again after this pre-season.

In comparison you look fine, and you don't have pervy catfishers loking for your info.... :(

Could be worse though... at least you will still be better than the Cleveland Browns :D

artibus

Post by artibus » 04 Sep 2016, 15:12

Nig wrote:
zippo wrote:I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, like I said upstate NY. It's been 16 years since a playoff run. 16 freaking years, longest in the NFL. There are people 21 yrs old in WNY who do not remember a playoff team, much less a SB team.:( The last real dagger was 'The Music City Miracle'. Before that it was SB losses 4 years straight and yes I am old enough to remember Scott Norwood's FG miss live in person. I have it on tape.... long before any haircut fetish. Hell at that time I hated short haired girls!

Could be worse though... at least you will still be better than the Cleveland Browns :D
Yep. I'm sure Browns fans still remember The Drive and Earnest Byner's fumble against Denver if they're old enough. They'd have to be pretty old . I'd trade coaches with Buffalo in a new York minute.

zippo

Post by zippo » 06 Sep 2016, 20:16

Are you a Browns fan Artibus? Come on board misery like company LOL. At least you have Labron! I was so happy for Cleveland to see the Cavs win it all.

A bunch of teams have taken some shots this preseason like Dallas, MN and B-Lo. Ours happened after the coach declared we 'won the offseason'. Rex needs to learn of Buffalo's luck LOL. Oh well.

Best of luck. I like the Steelers from the AFC and Seattle again from the NFC.

artibus

Post by artibus » 07 Sep 2016, 01:00

zippo wrote:Are you a Browns fan Artibus? Come on board misery like company LOL. At least you have Labron! I was so happy for Cleveland to see the Cavs win it all.

A bunch of teams have taken some shots this preseason like Dallas, MN and B-Lo. Ours happened after the coach declared we 'won the offseason'. Rex needs to learn of Buffalo's luck LOL. Oh well.

Best of luck. I like the Steelers from the AFC and Seattle again from the NFC.
Nah, I'm A Falcons fan. In fifty years, we have one Super Bowl appearance, when we got hammered by Elway and the Broncos.

I'll trade you Dan Quinn for Rex Ryan. :mrgreen:

On a positive note...I saw Jim Kelly on TV last night watching the Ole Miss-FSU game and he looked healthy. Glad to see that!