Body hair, do we care?

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
William
Posts: 801
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 09:45

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by William » 30 Dec 2016, 09:30

On that subject, one of the things about the internet is that you get to talk about fun and taboo things.

Most of the conversations that I have in daily life are about the weather, or about the copy machine, or about sports or some movie. It's always a dreadfully dull conversation, no matter what it is, and rarely people have a sense of humor or discuss an interesting idea.

Often it's out of fear of breaking social order or feeling awkward about putting yourself out there.

People used to have clubs where they would talk about socialism, or music, or the arts, philosophy, knowledge, ancient literature and so forth.

One of the beautiful things about being on the internet is that you get to say whatever you want and feel free to be wrong, or feel free to disagree with someone. If you don't like that, turn off your computer and go be an android in awkward family company while you watch a football game :P

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 30 Dec 2016, 09:34

Phew! :D I was genuinely worried that I'd crossed a line for a moment there.

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 30 Dec 2016, 09:35

William wrote:On that subject, one of the things about the internet is that you get to talk about fun and taboo things.

Most of the conversations that I have in daily life are about the weather, or about the copy machine, or about sports or some movie. It's always a dreadfully dull conversation, no matter what it is, and rarely people have a sense of humor or discuss an interesting idea.

Often it's out of fear of breaking social order or feeling awkward about putting yourself out there.

People used to have clubs where they would talk about socialism, or music, or the arts, philosophy, knowledge, ancient literature and so forth.

One of the beautiful things about being on the internet is that you get to say whatever you want and feel free to be wrong, or feel free to disagree with someone. If you don't like that, turn off your computer and go be an android in awkward family company while you watch a football game :P
I fully agree!

psylocke
Posts: 248
Joined: 02 Oct 2016, 16:51
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by psylocke » 30 Dec 2016, 09:51

Oh I don't think there's much of a line to cross around here - half these guys would hump the hair on a barber's floor.

Careful whose pulse you send racing though - three thousand members, at least one of them's gotta have a dungeon :shock:

William
Posts: 801
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 09:45

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by William » 30 Dec 2016, 09:53

Anyway, on topic, body hair and shaving is actually something that interests me a lot.

It has a lot to do with perspectives of masculinity and femininity, cleanliness and social custom.

One really interesting thing to me is that in Brazil, women of course are famous for the Brazilian wax. However, what the are slightly less known for is bleaching their leg, arm or tummy trail. This results in their hair being a light golden blonde that shines in the sun, remains soft and touchable, unlike stubble.

I read an article about this here:
http://www.elle.com/beauty/tips/a27957/ ... body-hair/

Stubble due to the way the hair is cut by a razor blade is usually blunt and uncomfortable to the touch, which is why I think Brazilian women tend to wax and bleach instead of shaving. Sometimes they do shave their legs, or they shave only up to the knee and leave downy, bleached hair above the knee.

One thing that strikes me is that Brazilian men either do not find this offputting or even find it attractive. Conversely, some women in Brazil shave or laser their body hair off. It shows that a lot of things come down to social custom or personal preference to a surprising degree.

Image Image

What do you make of this as an alternative to shaving?

Ms. Herten
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 07:35

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Ms. Herten » 30 Dec 2016, 11:09

Elina wrote:That is true (where I live anyway) you wouldn't want to be a woman and hairy in a public changing room or hot tub with your girl squad. IMO it's totally fashion, I have a friend who grew up in Europe and she rocks the most impressive bush (she's a beautiful natural blonde) and genuinely doesn't care. I don't know if it's because she's tall and looks like a model, it could also be because of her accent but she absolutely gets away with it in a way I never feel like I could. If guys can grow crazy hipster beards and make it sexy, maybe the bush will make a comeback. (:
I think it's a bit generational. It just seems normal to younger women. When I was a teen though, it was different. The "rule" was if you shave above the knee, you're a slut (just ignore the slut shaming aspect so as not to side track the conversation.) I'm not talking about bush, when I say above the knee, I mean our thighs. We used to have long discussions about where on the knee it was best to stop. The only body parts we ever talked about shaving other than our legs and arm pits were things like toes.

It wasn't till I was in college and swimsuits started being cut narrower in the crotch that women started cleaning up around the edges if a little bush stuck out of the sides.

Interestingly though, I know that in generations before mine, they shaved women giving birth in hospitals. It was generally complained about. Of course they did a lot of really awful things to women giving birth in hospitals before the '80s. (Not that it's perfect now, but it's better.)

Anyway, I think this discussion needs this...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GQ63NStxk

psylocke
Posts: 248
Joined: 02 Oct 2016, 16:51
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by psylocke » 30 Dec 2016, 11:25

"I suppose if it were Christmas you'd hang ornaments on it."https://youtu.be/jtd6H56PJBc

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 30 Dec 2016, 18:28

Haha! I love Amanda Palmer! Almost HBO levels of merkinry going on there! :wink:

The bleaching is interesting, I like the look actually, it reminds me of Helmut Newton photos from the 80s & 90s when models were generally allowed to be a bit hairier.

William
Posts: 801
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 09:45

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by William » 30 Dec 2016, 19:11

I prefer the term "fuzzy" :P

Fermat_returns
Moderator group member
Moderator group member
Posts: 655
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 09:08
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Fermat_returns » 31 Dec 2016, 12:20

Elina wrote:?... it can feel amazing to grow out the full 70s bush for like a month or two then open a bottle of wine and shave it all off! Haha!! :D :D :D
It seems really wierd to me to think of pubic hair - which has been a perfectly natural feature on every woman for as long as there have been women (200 thousand years or so...) as a 70s bush". That's fashion for you. I'm not a fan of fashion at all :evil:

But the 'bush / bottle of wine / razor' idea sounds like really great - it's just good, harmless hair related fun, free of all the problems and issues assisiated with 'head-hair' fetishism. Probably free of the interest, for many hair fans, but it still has much appeal for me. Better to have fun driving around in your second hand VW beatle than to dream about the Porche you'll never be able to afford. Or something. (I must work on my analogies :roll: )

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 01 Jan 2017, 04:15

Honey, be your own Porsche! :wink:

kai
Posts: 40
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 08:26

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by kai » 03 Jan 2017, 01:43

Elina wrote:
William wrote:Nothing erotic is allowed on Hvids. Move along, folks.
It wasn't intended to be erotic at all, literally just an opinion about body hair. The comment I made about making myself shiver was more like the very idea of cutting my hair short gives me a nervous reaction.

The whole idea that this thread is now in danger of being shamed is genuinely interesting in itself. Women's body hair is considered a taboo topic in most circles, that's why I am intersted in hearing peoples take on it.

May not have been intended to be erotic but, the whole hairless from the neck down with an Emma Watson crop pretty well nailed my image of the perfect woman lol.

I did however, misread shiver as shudder, and took that line in entirely the wrong connotation.


Be yourself, we're all here to talk about this don't stress who might have found something racy...this is more or less a fetish message board, no one heres going to judge you. This is a safe place to talk about your interests...although I would be careful how much personal info you share.

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 03 Jan 2017, 17:40

kai wrote:
Elina wrote:
William wrote:Nothing erotic is allowed on Hvids. Move along, folks.
It wasn't intended to be erotic at all, literally just an opinion about body hair. The comment I made about making myself shiver was more like the very idea of cutting my hair short gives me a nervous reaction.

The whole idea that this thread is now in danger of being shamed is genuinely interesting in itself. Women's body hair is considered a taboo topic in most circles, that's why I am intersted in hearing peoples take on it.

May not have been intended to be erotic but, the whole hairless from the neck down with an Emma Watson crop pretty well nailed my image of the perfect woman lol.

I did however, misread shiver as shudder, and took that line in entirely the wrong connotation.


Be yourself, we're all here to talk about this don't stress who might have found something racy...this is more or less a fetish message board, no one heres going to judge you. This is a safe place to talk about your interests...although I would be careful how much personal info you share.
Thanks Kai! :D

scissortooth
Posts: 403
Joined: 07 Feb 2016, 23:07
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by scissortooth » 06 Jan 2017, 15:45

I absolutely prefer no body hair on ladies. If my wife was willing, I'd gladly sponsor her a comprehensive electrolysis package. The only hair I like except the "hairdo" hair (although the idea of it gone is somewhat exciting too) is eyelashes. And neutral on eyebrows.

orangenoise
Posts: 502
Joined: 26 Jul 2008, 14:05
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by orangenoise » 08 Jan 2017, 23:30

I pretty much agree with scissortooth. No hair except for a nice hair style is my liking.

nox101010
Posts: 44
Joined: 22 Jul 2007, 18:17

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by nox101010 » 10 Jan 2017, 20:50

My wife and I are both fans of her growing out and having me shave it off with clippers. She doesn't like going smooth and I have grown to prefer the stubble if I had to choose.

It's funny what you said Elina - it seems when my wife gets her hair chopped off she asks to be shaved downstairs.

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 11 Jan 2017, 04:29

nox101010 wrote:
10 Jan 2017, 20:50
My wife and I are both fans of her growing out and having me shave it off with clippers. She doesn't like going smooth and I have grown to prefer the stubble if I had to choose.

It's funny what you said Elina - it seems when my wife gets her hair chopped off she asks to be shaved downstairs.
I always thought that downstairs would go first as a precursor to the next step! :shock: :D

Fermat_returns
Moderator group member
Moderator group member
Posts: 655
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 09:08
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Fermat_returns » 12 Jan 2017, 11:33

I like ladies with no body hair (In some cases no hair at all...) - but I really like the process of getting there. My favourite fantasy would start with one of those models from a 'Hairy Girls' website :)
Consequently, the electrolysis / laser type idea would spoil the fun, even though I'm sure the effect would be stunning. Although as I've already said further up the thread, I don't really get to play these games, much, so it is a bit academic. I've always had a thing about women with Alopecia Totalis, though.

Fermat_returns
Moderator group member
Moderator group member
Posts: 655
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 09:08
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Fermat_returns » 12 Jan 2017, 11:38

Elina wrote:
11 Jan 2017, 04:29

I always thought that downstairs would go first as a precursor to the next step! :shock: :D
That has always been a big dilemma for me. If acting out my ideal fantasy - where a willing partner starts with LOTS of hair (in quite a few places!) and finishes with none at all anywhere - what sequence would you actually do this in? :?

User avatar
Elina
Posts: 415
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 05:32
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Body hair, do we care?

Post by Elina » 12 Jan 2017, 18:34

Fermat_returns wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 11:38
Elina wrote:
11 Jan 2017, 04:29

I always thought that downstairs would go first as a precursor to the next step! :shock: :D
That has always been a big dilemma for me. If acting out my ideal fantasy - where a willing partner starts with LOTS of hair (in quite a few places!) and finishes with none at all anywhere - what sequence would you actually do this in? :?
Although some women can totally rock it, for me personally, I'm not into the bald look. The most extreme cut I've ever fantasized about is a soft girly buzz, where the hairline is kept natural and the whole thing has a slight shagginess to it. I'm guessing that would be a 3 or 4 all over and don't refine the hairline request. I actually like the look some women get when they do a selfbuzz with the longer guards. Either that or something more crisply shaved up the back and sides with length on top, like some version of an undercut or Ruby Rose look. Most of the time I revert back to my favorite fantasy haircut, Emma Watson's inch long pixie crop.I feel like it would be the most tactile to play with and I particularly love the look on other women.

As for body hair, when I started this thread I always assumed that cropping my head hair full pixie would naturally lead to not wanting to have any body hair at all (something to do with ratios I guess.) I'd basically become a real life version of Tinkerbell (well, the brunette version anyway.) But since discussing the topic I've kinda changed my mind. It's pretty much the standard now for the majority of women to have long flowing locks and no body hair at all. So recently I've been playing with the idea of the Emma Watson 1" crop with a well manicured yet substantial bush. I feel like this could be a strong, feminine and powerful combo, which makes the idea of it seem kinda hot!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests