Aren't We Trying to Avoid This?

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
BuzzedCurlyGirl

Aren't We Trying to Avoid This?

Post by BuzzedCurlyGirl » 14 Jul 2017, 19:59

klaatu48

Re: Aren't We Trying to Avoid This?

Post by klaatu48 » 14 Jul 2017, 20:38

Yeah, that certainly took a quick turn... what the hell?

Velours123

Post by Velours123 » 14 Jul 2017, 22:21

Oh hell, people just dont think on social media, do they?

BuzzedCurlyGirl

Post by BuzzedCurlyGirl » 15 Jul 2017, 00:43

Directing people to Hvids doesn't seem like a good thing...

spike85

Post by spike85 » 15 Jul 2017, 00:49

Yeah I agree, directing people who haven't the same interest as us to this site doesn't seem like an healthy thing to do in my opinion.

bangs-cutter

Post by bangs-cutter » 15 Jul 2017, 02:01

I'm surprised she's open-minded enough to not be freaked out by the conversation which is inappropriate on so many levels. The worst offence was specifically naming our forum, which is just asking for trouble. Can you imagine the repercussions if someone "outside" were to expose this forum to a news site?

Oh well, unfortunately we can't really stop them from commenting such things outside the forum.
Last edited by bangs-cutter on 15 Jul 2017, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

psylocke

Post by psylocke » 15 Jul 2017, 06:22

Had to be some guy called Stevros, didn't it?

I hope she signs up, tbh. I'm not embarrassed.

Undercut Queen

Post by Undercut Queen » 15 Jul 2017, 08:25

Hmm. "Perils of the internet" I suppose. But it's a shame. I don't think people need to be embarrassed. But this forum has been a "safe place" for people to share something very personal that they might not be ready to have made public yet. Directing the wider public here who don't share the interest takes away the "safety" of the place. However, that said, maybe there'll be a lot more people with reactions like hers and you'll end up with more content. Who knows?!

psylocke

Post by psylocke » 15 Jul 2017, 08:51

I shouldn't think they'd feel any different to us surfing a foot fetish site. Mild amusement if anything, with an understanding many of us are less obsessive than others. Rather that than some idiot on YouTube creeping out all the St. Baldy participants. Tends to be the guys that are more introverted about it (their friends might find it girly). Surely can't be as embarrassing as some middle-aged office clerk dressing up with a diaper and pacifier.

houseofhair76

Post by houseofhair76 » 15 Jul 2017, 21:10

this wont end well

shamrocklock

Post by shamrocklock » 16 Jul 2017, 23:34

The ott, almost harassment, way some people aggressively try to get their "fix" makes me deeply ashamed to be a part of the community at times, and is a strong driving force as to why I've not chosen to tell anyone about this side of myself.
What we find enjoyable/erotic is weird. There's no denying it and it's difficult to articulate to people who don't feel the same way why we feel the ways we do. it's an issue made all the harder by seeing comments like those on YouTube etc.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 17 Jul 2017, 09:10

I don't think any real main stream media would care about this place, honestly, it's pretty tame compared to what is on the internet nowadays. I am not saying to tell everyone about the forum but I don't think much will come from it. I hope I am right.

Penny

Post by Penny » 17 Jul 2017, 11:33

This place is extremelly tame. If anything, what could bring media attention to it is people harassing young females on youtube and so on.

Elina

Post by Elina » 17 Jul 2017, 17:46

It's interesting for me to see the reactions to it from guys on this board. Unfortunatly women are harrassed all the time. If you're a women (unless you are very lucky enough to live somewhere where there is a decent level of genuine equality and respect between men and women -- I'm not even sure if such a place exists) you'll know what it's like to be creeped on.

My long hair was definitely a creeper magnet, I've heard many women say the same thing. Dealing with creepy "cut it shorter", "shave your head and eybrows" type comments is just more of the same crap from a different source of men.

Yes, it does need to stop. Not because it's embarrassing for you guys and potentially negative exposure for this community, but because all creeping is wrong. It's the same as catcalling or body shaming women in the street, at work, within ones own family, wherever.

My two cents. :wink:

crank

Post by crank » 17 Jul 2017, 20:41

I think most of us are reasonable while there always seems to be that one guy who goes too far. I don't want to be associated with "that guy". This is why I prefer to remain anonymous.

I/we cannot control the behavior of others. All we can do is point it out when someone is being that guy and say "Dude! Seriously not cool!"

Elina

Post by Elina » 17 Jul 2017, 22:06

crank wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 20:41
I think most of us are reasonable while there always seems to be that one guy who goes too far. I don't want to be associated with "that guy". This is why I prefer to remain anonymous.

I/we cannot control the behavior of others. All we can do is point it out when someone is being that guy and say "Dude! Seriously not cool!"
Good for you! I like to think that short hair attracts a more enlighted type of person (I'm not going to put it all on men, there are plenty of women who bash other women for breaking the mold) so the creepers definitely are a minority. I feel like the more it's called out and the less it's tolerated the better. I could have stopped sharing but I wouldn't want that minorty to effect my own level of openness and the positive interactions that I continue to have. Trolls are trolls and every inch of the internet has issues with them. Online anonymity is a double-edged sword, you can take it away to fix one problem and harm almost everyone in the process.

Michael

Post by Michael » 17 Jul 2017, 23:11

kensrs is right that the mainstream media won't care. They would care if someone famous were found out to be on this site. Look what happened with Anthony Weiner.

Most people assume there are sex sites all over the internet and this one is fairly tame. That said a hair fetish is something many people aren't aware actually exists and some are weirded out by it. There are also these men who get angry when a woman cuts her hair. How many times have we heard or read, "all men prefer long hair"? If this site were better known we could end up getting trolls coming here to harass us and try to ruin the site. This is a safe place where men and women don't need to deal with the judgements of people who don't understand what turns us on.

otas

Post by otas » 21 Jul 2017, 20:20

Why some stupid person stevros555 writes about our forum? It's not good to write this kind of information on public. :-(

spike85

Post by spike85 » 21 Jul 2017, 21:37

Yeah people like this Stevros555 are awful, but honestly there isn't much more we can do about it that we aren't already doing. It's the internet.. it's the veil of anonymity that empower persons like him, I remember guys like this existing and being strongly opposed and ostracized by the rest of the community since I joined (not exactly yesterday as you can guess by my joining date).. I'd gladly say to him face to face that he's an asshole and it's not a normal behaviour to keep, but guy probably literally live on the other side of the world to me.. other than that, in all this years between this site and the old LTAH the most vocal members were always decent guys..

p.s.
I wouldn't feel so special to be an hair fetishist by the way, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of small fetishes and strange perversions unknown to most of other people. If somebody who has a damn idea about the internet came here by chance it would just probably consider it another one of those already big list. A lot of people get literally turned on by smelly feet, I'm not gonna feel "weird" in any different or worse way because I like a nice head of hair.

Am I gonna talk in public about it? Probably not but again, people rarely if ever make public statements about this stuff.. maybe your neighbour has an hair fetish and you don't know..

Mattingly

Post by Mattingly » 21 Jul 2017, 21:52

Hoolagirl57ishot on YouTube is a massive creep. I see that person trying to communicate with many of the women in the videos trying to convince them to get shorter haircuts in the future.