It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

This is the place for not hair related discussions.
kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Re: It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Post by kensrs » 24 Sep 2016, 17:33

artibus wrote:
zippo wrote:Are you a Browns fan Artibus? Come on board misery like company LOL. At least you have Labron! I was so happy for Cleveland to see the Cavs win it all.

A bunch of teams have taken some shots this preseason like Dallas, MN and B-Lo. Ours happened after the coach declared we 'won the offseason'. Rex needs to learn of Buffalo's luck LOL. Oh well.

Best of luck. I like the Steelers from the AFC and Seattle again from the NFC.
Nah, I'm A Falcons fan. In fifty years, we have one Super Bowl appearance, when we got hammered by Elway and the Broncos.

I'll trade you Dan Quinn for Rex Ryan. :mrgreen:

On a positive note...I saw Jim Kelly on TV last night watching the Ole Miss-FSU game and he looked healthy. Glad to see that!
Ya you made the super bowl because we kneeled on the ball and missed a kick.
Stupid ass vikings :(

artibus

Post by artibus » 25 Sep 2016, 13:32

Did you see my post where I said the Vikings at 15-1 were the best team in the league that year and that the missed Gary Anderson kick was his only miss that entire season? Lighten up Francis.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 25 Sep 2016, 23:06

artibus wrote:Did you see my post where I said the Vikings at 15-1 were the best team in the league that year and that the missed Gary Anderson kick was his only miss that entire season? Lighten up Francis.
I didn't, lol

After today I expect same thing this year. Literally being a Vikings fan is like watching a great movie knowing the ending will suck and watching different variations of same movie each year.

artibus

Post by artibus » 26 Sep 2016, 04:53

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.
That's why today is called "The Present"

Haha....enjoy the ride! Vikings 3-0 SKOL!!!! :)

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 26 Sep 2016, 10:32

artibus wrote:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.
That's why today is called "The Present"

Haha....enjoy the ride! Vikings 3-0 SKOL!!!! :)
:)

zippo

Post by zippo » 05 Oct 2016, 21:48

Vikings looked good Monday. That team is resilient, and Sam Bradford may have been a steal. I think he has played on some bad teams, this may be a good fit for him, and allow Teddy to develop a little longer.

I just can't believe my Bills shut out the Patriots in New England. I know it was their third string QB but they beat up a decent Texans team 27-0 with the same line up.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 05 Oct 2016, 23:11

I was shocked Zippo. 3-0 without Brady is great but I never expected to be blanked by Ryan and the Bills. Can't wait to play them again in a few weeks.
Bradford does look good. I think he is finally feeling comfortable.
Green Bay....wow !

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 06 Oct 2016, 06:20

zippo wrote:Vikings looked good Monday. That team is resilient, and Sam Bradford may have been a steal. I think he has played on some bad teams, this may be a good fit for him, and allow Teddy to develop a little longer.

I just can't believe my Bills shut out the Patriots in New England. I know it was their third string QB but they beat up a decent Texans team 27-0 with the same line up.
Vikings are in a good spot as they are 1 up with tie breaker on GB, and both AZ/CAR is 1-3
See how they do this week with HOU
Should be fun

Bills look damn good lately, I have McCoy in fantasy football so I am glad he is finally doing well

artibus

Post by artibus » 07 Oct 2016, 13:17

My Falcons will find out if they can hang with the big boys this weekend and next. Denver and Seattle back to back. Last week was fun, except for the kick in the gut at the end of the Georgia game.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 07 Oct 2016, 20:27

artibus wrote:My Falcons will find out if they can hang with the big boys this weekend and next. Denver and Seattle back to back. Last week was fun, except for the kick in the gut at the end of the Georgia game.
Ten getting that TD was INSANE!
Sucks GA game got postponed/cancelled this weekend.
I'm interested to see how the Falcons do this year.
IF MN makes it to the NFC championship game and we lose to ATL again, my heart might explode. I can't re-live that moment :(

artibus

Post by artibus » 07 Oct 2016, 23:50

Yeah that Hail Mary hurt. Sometimes shit just happens.
I was around when we won a National Title in 1980 with Herschel Walker...we had a last second play to come from behind and beat Florida that still is legendary among UGA fans, and then beat a superior Notre Dame team in the Sugar Bowl depsite our quarterback not completing a single pass the entire game and we being dominated in every aspect....except the one that mattered in the end. Notre Dame fumbled TWO kickoffs inside their 10 to start the game and we were up 17-0 very early in the game. Hung on to win 20-17.
Our game this weekend got moved back only one day...we play Sunday, kickoff an hour and a half before the Falcons/Denver. My TV remote will get a workout haha.
Grilling ribs, vidalia onions, corn on the cob. Ice cold beer and peach moonshine in the freezer. I love football season ;)

I really like the way the Vikings look (SKOL! ;) ) That defense is tearing some ass and Bradford is more than adequate if given time, IF he stays healthy. That's a big if......but lets enjoy the moment! If we happen to meet again in the NFC game...me and you will have had a damn good year! :D

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 08 Oct 2016, 09:01

artibus wrote:Yeah that Hail Mary hurt. Sometimes shit just happens.
I was around when we won a National Title in 1980 with Herschel Walker...we had a last second play to come from behind and beat Florida that still is legendary among UGA fans, and then beat a superior Notre Dame team in the Sugar Bowl depsite our quarterback not completing a single pass the entire game and we being dominated in every aspect....except the one that mattered in the end. Notre Dame fumbled TWO kickoffs inside their 10 to start the game and we were up 17-0 very early in the game. Hung on to win 20-17.
Our game this weekend got moved back only one day...we play Sunday, kickoff an hour and a half before the Falcons/Denver. My TV remote will get a workout haha.
Grilling ribs, vidalia onions, corn on the cob. Ice cold beer and peach moonshine in the freezer. I love football season ;)

I really like the way the Vikings look (SKOL! ;) ) That defense is tearing some ass and Bradford is more than adequate if given time, IF he stays healthy. That's a big if......but lets enjoy the moment! If we happen to meet again in the NFC game...me and you will have had a damn good year! :D
Ya as long as MN wins this year :p

Ya I saw your game was moved to Sunday. I am in a fantasy college league and going against your QB this week, so no offense, I need you to run the ball and don't run up the score. Hopefully weather will make passing hard and they'll rely on their run game.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 10 Oct 2016, 06:38

MN and ATL looking good this weekend.

As far as stadings go:
NFC -
Think MN should be the favorite to get the #1 seed as of right now but obviously it's super early.
#2 seed should go to ATL or DAL.
I still think Dallas will fall back to the pack but we will see.
I think Seahawks win West.
Wild cards will be 2 of GB/AZ/CAR

AFC -
Top 2 teams are still NE/DEN
Think PIT will be #3, and HOU will end up winning the south.
Wild cards will be combination of OAK/IND/BAL/BUF

Like i said, SUPER EARLY and no point to predice but want to look back at thread and see if I was right.

artibus

Post by artibus » 19 Oct 2016, 02:42

Two weeks later...My Falcons had one stolen on a non call PI, but thats the way it goes. We can play with anyone at the moment.
How about those damn Vikings and Bills???? Charlie....we all knew the Pats will be there at the end in the playoffs lol.
I'm damn close to inviting zippo, kensrs, and charlie over for shots of Patron, cold Bud Lites, and (future) playoff trash talking...lol.
I'm still a surragate Viking fan as promised (SKOL) but this could get interesting, and FUN!
God bless football ;)

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 20 Oct 2016, 08:26

artibus wrote:Two weeks later...My Falcons had one stolen on a non call PI, but thats the way it goes. We can play with anyone at the moment.
How about those damn Vikings and Bills???? Charlie....we all knew the Pats will be there at the end in the playoffs lol.
I'm damn close to inviting zippo, kensrs, and charlie over for shots of Patron, cold Bud Lites, and (future) playoff trash talking...lol.
I'm still a surragate Viking fan as promised (SKOL) but this could get interesting, and FUN!
God bless football ;)
ATL did get screwed for sure. I'm hoping all the one loss teams lose this week so MN has a 2 game advantage for #1 seed.
I like the Vikes vs ATL and NE vs PIT for AFC. Would be cool if it was Buffalo vs MN in the superbowl though, we are both 0-4 so at least one of the teams would finally get a W. Knowing our luck though, the game would end in a tie and something bad happens where we cant finish it so both teams go to 0-4-1 :(

chas45

Post by chas45 » 20 Oct 2016, 19:01

artibus wrote:Two weeks later...My Falcons had one stolen on a non call PI, but thats the way it goes. We can play with anyone at the moment.
God bless football ;)
Any time.
I'll bring the limes....lol.
Charlie.

chas45

Post by chas45 » 20 Oct 2016, 19:12

kensrs wrote:
God bless football ;)
ATL did get screwed for sure. I'm hoping all the one loss teams lose this week so MN has a 2 game advantage for #1 seed.
I like the Vikes vs ATL and NE vs PIT for AFC. Would be cool if it was Buffalo vs MN in the superbowl though, we are both 0-4 so at least one of the teams would finally get a W. Knowing our luck though, the game would end in a tie and something bad happens where we cant finish it so both teams go to 0-4-1 :(
The is no way the Pats are not going to the Superbowl this year. After all that deflategate crap, real or not, the team is looking for payback. What better way to stick it to Goodell?

Drkyle00

Post by Drkyle00 » 21 Oct 2016, 00:52

I'm a Lions fan unfortunately.....

chas45

Post by chas45 » 21 Oct 2016, 01:28

Drkyle00 wrote:I'm a Lions fan unfortunately.....
Hey your 3-3 with some of your best players out. Could be worse.
Redskins next and two of their best players Reed and Jackson may be out.
Home game. Good luck.

kensrs
Moderator group member
Moderator group member

Post by kensrs » 21 Oct 2016, 02:14

chas45 wrote:
kensrs wrote:
God bless football ;)
The is no way the Pats are not going to the Superbowl this year. After all that deflategate crap, real or not, the team is looking for payback. What better way to stick it to Goodell?
ya my guess is they make it also... Just be nice to see Bills vs Vikes but almost no chance Buffalo goes into NE and wins a playoff game.