Question for stylists. New year chops?

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
Elina

Question for stylists. New year chops?

Post by Elina » 08 Jan 2017, 19:47

Ok, so this is two questions in one. :wink:

1) Have you guys noticed an increase in clients requesting makeover cuts this year?
2) Are you personally more likely to go ahead and take a lot of hair off of a client without question at this time of year, compaired to other times of the year?

I realize that this might change based on geography too, I'm sure that summers in Florida and Arizona see an increase in makeovers, also the spring in very cold places as people get back out after the winter.

Velours123

Re: Question for stylists. New year chops?

Post by Velours123 » 08 Jan 2017, 20:15

I notice it myself in Western Europe around spring/summer, that many women take their hair a few inches shorter, from brastrap to shoulderlength or even shorter.

Elina

Post by Elina » 09 Jan 2017, 05:24

I'm definitely one of those who tends to go a while between cuts, anything from one (that's terrible, I know!) to maybe three cuts per year. Not necessarily spaced out evenly, there have been times when I've been on a chopping spree and had a few inches off a couple of times in the space of a few weeks. Although there isn't a specific time of year that inspires me to do it, it's more random than that.

Martgraw

Post by Martgraw » 09 Jan 2017, 21:38

Hey Crank what are you seeing, the stories are always delicious.
In 2016: Terror is a flower offering, War is peace, Lying is truth, Subjugation is freedom

scissortooth

Post by scissortooth » 09 Jan 2017, 23:58

I see quite a lot of freshly cut hair on the street. Not too many extraordinary ones though, except for a lady at one store who got herself a really sharp bowlcut with the hair below weightline close to bald and dyed it purplish.

I suppose all of it is some New Year's Eve Party stuff.

Imp666

Post by Imp666 » 12 Jan 2017, 20:28

I notice that many guys come for new haircuts. But not many girls or women. They want to refresh their hair dye or highlights, but not the cut.