Who in your life knows about your fetish

Talk about this site here and everything hair related (except what have its own forum).
Sharing of copyrighted material here is prohibited!
We are not responsible for what our users post. If you are the copyright holder of something found here mail to the board administrator at ttxAThvidsDOT.net
Hair2U

Re: Who in your life knows about your fetish

Post by Hair2U » 10 Dec 2016, 14:20

psylocke wrote:
Hair2U wrote:But as a producer, I do have a larger hurdle to pass compared to others who are just "consumers". I not only have a "thing" for hair; I actually actively produce videos for the community! If I ever have a partner, it would be hard enough to explain to her about my "thing", but if she knows about my clandestine production, it's a whole other level to deal with! Eventually, it'll have to come down to choosing her or continuing production. It's wishful thinking to find someone open, shares the interest, and supports producing this "stuff".
I wonder if that's just a question of confidence. Watch videos produced by Anthony Mascolo, Maramax, Hairfucker or Aaron Johnson and they all exude confidence - it's all tattoos, leather jackets and three day stubble, with beautiful models along for the ride. I'm sure they don't stop for one second to consider themselves a deviant for making haircutting look sexy, or feel they have to hide their job from their partner. Watch the average fetish producer on camera by comparison - t-shirt tucked into jeans, nervous hands, suspect banter, the model's eyes rolling around thinking 'what...the..f'. They look like they're up to no good - yet they're only cutting hair.
It's not even the same comparison... Those guys you listed are professional well-known hairdressers who are respected in their trade. Their videos are instructionals and art. They make it out of passion and their target market is not us, but other hairdressers and creatives. It just so happens that what they do overlaps with our interests to some degree.
Website for announcements and available models:
https://hair2u.net/

Sellfy site to purchase products:
https://sellfy.com/Hair2U

banjo

Post by banjo » 10 Dec 2016, 15:21

Don't you wish you could tell, say, your cousin or the girl at the bank how much you'd like to see her with a short haircut, right to her face? Does anybody get off on that a little like I do? It's sort of an exhibitionist thing, like enjoying people snickering about your new haircut.

A couple years ago, after my parents died and my kids were both in college, I decided I didn't give a shit who knew about it. (Turns out that's not actually true, but let's pretend for now).

I'm a hobbyist producer so eventually I'll get around to asking every female I know if I can cut her hair. It can go a few ways: maybe I can cut her hair, maybe she says no but is ok with it … or maybe she freaks out and our relationship is destroyed. There's a thrill in the gamble, and depending on the person it can take some guts.

So, my answer is LOTS of people know I"ve got a haircut fetish, and maybe I miscalculated and over-broadcasted, but I'd rather live in a world where I can joke about bald girls and bowl cuts than one where I jump off a buildingwhenf someone finds out.

psylocke

Post by psylocke » 10 Dec 2016, 15:45

I get what you're saying but I think their material does often tip over into fetishism (explicitly sometimes, to my eyes), they just tend to be more professional about it. There are indeed hair fetishists in the mainstream industry right now (I can think of one in San Francisco) who simply never risk the stigma posting on fetish boards. They don't need to, they're already living the dream. I guess the trick as a producer is to either just embrace what you do and not care what people think (Haircut.net) or disguise it in some way and channel it through more commercial tastes (guy from San Francisco). There is absolutely nothing dodgy about wanting to cut hair. Grown adults who collect Batman memorabilia, now that's something else.

hairct2

Post by hairct2 » 10 Dec 2016, 18:52

I'd like to interject some thoughts on this line. I have had this hair fetish, like many of you for as long as I can remember and for the life of me cannot understand just where the hell it came from. It was "just there".
I have stopped trying to figure that part out and have come to an era in my life to just accept it and move on. While I do guard it "somewhat" I don't hide it nearly like I did when I thought there was something wrong with ME. I think having a hair fetish has guided me to where I am today. I have been in the hair business in one form or another my entire life. I have even made concerted efforts to get away from it but always return in some way.
With that being said, I have learned that once you experience a "fantasy" it is no longer a "fantasy". You have lived it...experienced it... so now it becomes "reality". I think that is why we seem like we can't get enough of this stuff because once you've done it, you want the next "level" of it and so it progresses. I think this is true with any obsession or fantasy.
There was a time that I looked at everything that had the word "hair" in it but now skim over the stuff looking for the next turn on. After all, there's a LOT of stuff out there that wasn't there say...five or ten years ago. With YouTube and the internet everybody wants to be a star now and for me at least, not all of it is that good or interesting.
As a professional in this business, I never brought my fantasy into my salon or shop. Not because I conscientiously didn't do it, it was just a separate part of my life. When I was working, I was working and making a living. Kind of like other professionals (doctors, lawyers, accountants) bringing their BDSM fantasies to work...you just don't do it...you don't see your customers in that light. It's fantasy...it's your form of enjoyment. Not sure I'm making any sense here but just trying to explain that "living the dream" is not so much a dream when it becomes "work".
Oh...don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this fetish and I'm sure till the day I take my last breath it will be a big part of me and a "good" part of me as I have grown to understand.
A good example of what I mean would be this.
I connected with a BIG St. Baldricks fundraising event several years back and thought "Oh SHIT" this is THE DREAM" It was an annual event and I participated for a few years but it was WORK let me tell ya. And I sheared to the bone MANY women doing it but somehow it just wasn't the same when they were smiling and there were so many of them. Yes it was fun, especially in the beginning, but my fantasies became realities and that took something away from it. They still invite me every year but I don't go anymore because I'm looking for that "Next Level" now and that's what keeps it interesting.

Thanks for indulging my ranting...lol
Dave

psylocke

Post by psylocke » 10 Dec 2016, 19:54

True. Looking back at my own time spent cutting hair years ago I can count maybe ten moments throughout the entire time I can appreciate now from a fetish standpoint, and probably glorify them in my head more than the reality of the actual experience. I tend to forget about the rest of the time spent worrying about timekeeping, salary, shift rotas, bitching or whatever mood the manager might be in on any given day. The best days I remember were spent learning the job. Still though, I'd like to be back sometimes. I too think we are a bit spoilt in this community these days. I often think about those who aren't here to see material in Full-HD or have 4K as an industry standard to look forward to.

mp4393

Post by mp4393 » 11 Dec 2016, 05:02

Hair2U wrote: The response is quite varied on a personal level, and also culturally. When I started, I was based in Australia. Being a Western country, even though people there are more liberal-minded, there is a major barrier to overcome which money cannot always buy; reputation. Many models are reluctant to do "these sort of things" because of fear of their reputation being ruined if they appear on "dodgy" sites.
I find your statement about reputation interesting given a personal experience I had.

Occasionally I engage women who are selling their hair online and manage to purchase photos and video from them of their long hair and haircut. I just say they're for a private collection, that I'm a long hair and makeover fan, and never bring up the "f" word. I'm sure some suspect more than others but my luck is better when these things are unsaid.

One woman a few years back insisted I sign a statement saying I would not use the photos or video to "disparage" her or her family. I told her I had no intention to distribute the photos, but she still was worried about reputation. This was your typical late 20s wife/mom cut from a seemingly sophisticated woman living in a major US east coast city. She went from gorgeous thick nearly knee-length brown hair to a clippered pixie -- it's an amazing transformation -- but the material is no more scandalous than things people post to social media daily. When she had the long hair she must have had strangers coming up to her and taking photos both with and without permission for years. Her hair was cut in a salon chair next to a window facing a sidewalk such that total strangers could watch this haircut from the street. So it's not like she was super shy.

I don't understand how a haircut could be used to disparage a person or family (setting aside certain religious groups which were not involved here), but it was a legitimate concern she had.

Hair2U

Post by Hair2U » 11 Dec 2016, 10:57

mp4393 wrote:
Hair2U wrote: The response is quite varied on a personal level, and also culturally. When I started, I was based in Australia. Being a Western country, even though people there are more liberal-minded, there is a major barrier to overcome which money cannot always buy; reputation. Many models are reluctant to do "these sort of things" because of fear of their reputation being ruined if they appear on "dodgy" sites.
I find your statement about reputation interesting given a personal experience I had.

Occasionally I engage women who are selling their hair online and manage to purchase photos and video from them of their long hair and haircut. I just say they're for a private collection, that I'm a long hair and makeover fan, and never bring up the "f" word. I'm sure some suspect more than others but my luck is better when these things are unsaid.

One woman a few years back insisted I sign a statement saying I would not use the photos or video to "disparage" her or her family. I told her I had no intention to distribute the photos, but she still was worried about reputation. This was your typical late 20s wife/mom cut from a seemingly sophisticated woman living in a major US east coast city. She went from gorgeous thick nearly knee-length brown hair to a clippered pixie -- it's an amazing transformation -- but the material is no more scandalous than things people post to social media daily. When she had the long hair she must have had strangers coming up to her and taking photos both with and without permission for years. Her hair was cut in a salon chair next to a window facing a sidewalk such that total strangers could watch this haircut from the street. So it's not like she was super shy.

I don't understand how a haircut could be used to disparage a person or family (setting aside certain religious groups which were not involved here), but it was a legitimate concern she had.
You are totally spot on about this day and age where people post scandalous photos of themselves over social media. Drunken photos. Revealing photos. Nude snapchats, etc. If anything, those are the images which will haunt them later in their lives, simply because social media is a lot more exposed than a fetish site which the vast majority of people are not even aware exist, except for the niche community for which it is marketed to.

To highlight how ridiculous the double standard is... I've approached models who do nude or implied nude "artistic" shoots, and most of them will not do a relatively harmless simple hair play video which does not involve nudity, due to the implied fetish material. Go figure. They are willing to go nude / implied nude for "art", but refuse to model for a relatively harmless hair play video fully clothed, because they care about "reputation"... :roll:
Website for announcements and available models:
https://hair2u.net/

Sellfy site to purchase products:
https://sellfy.com/Hair2U

nox101010

Post by nox101010 » 10 Jan 2017, 21:02

My wife. She knows and does not like it. It is one of two things we have fundamental differences on and I never see that changing. She will indulg my liking of playing with her hair and providing input on haircuts but never head shaving or dramatic cuts.

lomax

Post by lomax » 11 Jan 2017, 13:26

My ex-gfs, and possibly getting to the point with the current one where I want to tell her. Although right now she's growing her hair out, which I'm fine with because I love very long hair too, she says she's aiming for butt length.

lomax

Post by lomax » 11 Jan 2017, 13:33

Hair2U wrote:
11 Dec 2016, 10:57
You are totally spot on about this day and age where people post scandalous photos of themselves over social media. Drunken photos. Revealing photos. Nude snapchats, etc. If anything, those are the images which will haunt them later in their lives, simply because social media is a lot more exposed than a fetish site which the vast majority of people are not even aware exist, except for the niche community for which it is marketed to.

To highlight how ridiculous the double standard is... I've approached models who do nude or implied nude "artistic" shoots, and most of them will not do a relatively harmless simple hair play video which does not involve nudity, due to the implied fetish material. Go figure. They are willing to go nude / implied nude for "art", but refuse to model for a relatively harmless hair play video fully clothed, because they care about "reputation"... :roll:
But it is their choice ultimately. The drunken pics have been posted through choice and by the person in question, or at least a close friend, and there is some sort of implied consent in this relationship. With the nude models who won't do hair play, it is still a personal choice for them, even though to you it is double-standards. They don't know you from Adam, so probably want some comfort/control over what is seen (by whoever). I don't think we can really chastise them for their own choices.